Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation’s Accomplishments
- In October, Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation sponsored a walk in English Landing Park in Parkville, MO. We had over 300 registered walkers that we were able to educate about the seriousness of influenza. Nearly 150 walkers received flu vaccines. Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation offered free flu vaccines to registered walkers between the ages of 6 months old to 18 years old.
- Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation worked with the Park Hill School District’s social workers of the Park Hill School District to provide free flu vaccines to children and their families who may not otherwise be able to afford being vaccinated against the flu.
- Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation has worked with the Park Hill School District to provide influenza awareness material to elementary schools in the district along with their Parents as Teachers program and the district’s pre-school. We have distributed informational flyers to many of the local daycares, parent’s day out programs and pre-schools.
- Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation and the Platte County Health Department coordinated a flu vaccine clinic for the children in the First Start Program at Park Hill. We have also held flu clinics at multiple locations in the Kansas City area including Kansas City’s Repertory Theatre.
- Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation worked with the American Lung Association’s Faces of Influenza campaign both on the local and national level.
- Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation is on the steering committee of the Mid-American Immunization Coalition where we received the Perseverance Award.
- Representatives of Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation have spoken to many organizations, including Mid-America Immunization Coalition, Clay County Health Department, Local YMCA parents, Patrician’s Club, Local PTA’s, Northland Rotary Club, including several presentations to St. Luke’s North Breastfeeding Support Group, Many Local Churches, Mommy and Me, and Tiffany Springs Toastmasters. We have passed out information at several health fairs including St. Luke’s North Family Health Fair and Pine Ridge Presbyterian Church’s health fair. Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation also shared Ian’s story with representatives at the Center for Rural Health Development, Inc. in West Virginia.
- Media outreach includes
- USA Today
- The Kansas City Star
- Platte County Gazette
- Nursing News Magazine
- At Home in the Northland
- The Tribune
- News interviews for FOX 4, KMBC Channel 9, NBC 41 Action News, NBC 9 News in Colorado
- Kansas City Public Radio
- Denver, CO Public Radio
- Satellite radio tour in 6 different cities
- Hispanic Radio
- Radio Public Service Announcement that was broadcast nationally.
Looking forward to 2015-2016 Season
- Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation will be Walking to Fight the Flu on October 1st, 2016 at English Landing Park, located in Parkville, MO. We will be offering free flu vaccines to registered walkers.
- Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation will be sponsoring flu vaccine clinics around the Kansas City Metro area.
- We will also be working with several local health departments in the Kansas City Metro area.
- Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation is working on redesigning our informational flyer and updating our website.
- We plan on speaking to additional organizations to raise awareness of the seriousness of influenza.